UPDATE JUNE 19, 2020 - THIS ORDER HAS BEEN RESCINDED (JUNE 23, 2020)********
Per the Executive order of the Mayor of Port Aransas:
FACE MASKS - COMMERCIAL ENTITIES Effective Wednesday June 24, 2020 and continuing until 11:59PM on July 1, 2020: All commercial entities in Port Aransas providing goods and /or services directly to the public must require that all employees, customers and visitors to the commercial entity's business premises or other facilities wear face coverings when in an area or performing an activity which will necessarily involve close contact or proximity to co-workers or the public where six feet of separation is not feasible.
UPDATE MAY 22, 2020
Island Retreat I & II Condomniums have opened their pool area with social distancing policies.
If you would like to learn more about Island Retreat I & II COVID-19 operational protocols CLICK HERE.
UPDATE May 1, 2020
The Island Retreat Condominiums is first and foremost committed to ensure the health and wellbeing of all our owners, staff and registered guests. We remain diligent in monitoring the Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) case and following guidelines from the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) as well as the World Health Organization and local, regional, and state authorities.
Please CLICK HERE to view the entire Island Retreat COVID-19 Reopening Protocol and Procedures.
Island Retreat I & II have reinstated rental operations effective May 1, 2020.
In accordance with the Governor of Texas GA-18 orders, the Island Retreat Pool will be closed to the public on May 1, 2020.
UPDATE: April 28, 2020
Island Retreat anticipates reinstating rental operations to the public on May 1, 2020. Digital contactless check in and registration procedures will be put in place upon opening.
In accordance with the Governor of Texas GA-18 orders, the Island Retreat Pool will be closed when the property is opened back up for rentals to the public on May 1, 2020.
UPDATE: April 1, 2020
Click Here to view the latest Executive Order from the Governor.
Click Here to view the latest order from Nueces County
Click Here to view the latest Mayoral Order from the Mayor of Port Aransas
March 26, 2020
- Office is open, but doors are locked with a sign explaining to call with emergent needs
- Short term rental reservations of non-essential workers have been canceled and full refunds have been given
- Reservations are being accepted for extending long term rentals (30 days or greater) for essential workers with proper documentation
- Reservations are being accepted for short term rentals for essential workers with proper documentation
- Virtual check-in/check-out procedures are in place to limit staff contact with guests
- All staff making contact with the public will be gloved
- Touch points will be sterilized vigilantly with Auto-Chlor RS200 & Xpress Detergent
- Laundry is being bagged and handled with extreme caution while wearing PPE
- Mail and packages will be accepted in the meeting room, sanitized and held for a minimum of 3 days
- Mail will be given when requested and only after sanitized thru a window (staff is to wear gloves and a mask)
- Maintenance crew is handling all keys and locking/unlocking doors as needed
- Maintenance has been ordered to maintain a minimum 6 foot distance while performing tasks. If the 6 foot rule cannot be applied, then task is not to be performed and is to seek further instruction from GM.
- Pool is locked
- Staff has been given training on these emergency protocols
- Staff has instruction if protocols need to be escalated
The current guidance for businesses and employers provided by the CDC is as follows https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/community/guidance-business-response.html in addition research shows life-span of the virus on various surfaces as seen thru this link: https://www.nih.gov/news-events/news-releases/new-coronavirus-stable-hours-surfaces and my procedures follow the guidelines as directed by OSHA 3990-03-2020
March 25, 2020
The Mayor of the City of Port Aransas Texas approved the following Mayoral Orders in addition to those issued by the Governer and the County Judge. These orders go into effect at 11:59 on 3/26/20 for 7 days (April 2, 2020). The Mayoral Orders Include:
1. Port Aransas has within it some RV Parks in which people live. These RV parks are to be treated as "residences" as defined under the County Judge's Order. No R.V. may be moved into any RV park within the City. Those that exit from the City may not return.
2. Day or night camping on the beach using a tent or vehicle or other type of enclosure or no type of enclosure, is prohibited.
3. Fishing from shore whther from the ship channel, jetties or beach is prohibited.
4. Short term rentals are prohibited, except for persons doing Essential Business.
5. Movement exercise, such as walking, running, biking, yoga, water sports, or other similar physical exercise on the beach is allowed. Otherwise, no person shall be allowed on the beach.